Parker County Courthouse
Parker County’s first courthouse was built of rough pine lumber in 1856. It was replaced with a brick one in 1858. It was destroyed by fire in 1874, and the loss of county records caused great inconveniences for years to come. In 1878, the cornerstone was laid for a stone structure that too was burned down in a suspected arson. The fourth and present courthouse was completed in 1886 at a cost of $55,555,55! The Seth Thomas Clock was installed in 1897 for $957. The Courthouse has recently been restored on the inside to bring back its classic beauty and original splendor from the turn of the century.