Leadership Weatherford is a program of the Weatherford Chamber of Commerce that offers an educational experience designed to help identify and motivate community leaders, provide educational experience that focuses on regional issues & needs and challenges participants to apply their talents throughout the community
Leadership Weatherford is a nine-month education and development series packed with top-notch, all encompassing course curriculum. The series features local and outside leaders/speakers, hands-on tours and excursions to community facilities, services and venues.
The program is structured allowing participants of Leadership Weatherford to access information they may normally never have. Our goal is to share valuable information about our community and engage/encourage Leadership and involvemnt while also building business relationships.
Leadership Weatherford is held the 3rd Friday of every month from September to May beginning with a retreat. Each class is 4-6 hours. Attendance to Legislative Day in Austin is optional.
Benefits to the Individual
- Receive an overview of the qualities of a good leader
- Allows you to learn with other student leaders
- Build meaningful, long-lasting connections
- Providing leadership skill-building, including teamwork, communication, decision-making and more
Benefits to the Employer
- Investment in long-term professional growth
- Well-trained employee, with leadership skills
- Your employee will bcome a better decision-maker
- Investment that will help attract and retain top talent
- Attendance is required for all sessions
- You may miss four hours total during the 9-month class. Any tardy or partial days will be included in this four-hour total. Orientation retreat is mandatory
- Cell phones must be silenced during session times. Breaks will be allotted for checking messages.
- Prior to Education Day, you are required to attend a Weatherford ISD school board meeting.
- Serve as a volunteer for a chamber function during the year
- After graduation, you will volunteer to serve on a committee or board (Chamber, City or non-profit).
2022-2023 Leadership Application
Applications are due Friday, May 27th by 5:00 p.m.
Selected applicants will be notified by June 14th
For information, contact the chamber office at 817-596-3801 or email@example.com.
|Leadership Class of 2020|