Leadership Weatherford is a program of the Weatherford Chamber of Commerce that offers an educational experience designed to help identify and motivate potential community leaders, provide educational experience that focuses on community issues & needs and challenges participants to apply their talents throughout their community.
Leadership Weatherford is a nine-month education and development series packed with the very best course curriculum. The series features local and outside leaders/speakers, hands-on tours and field trips to community facilities, services and venues. The basis of the series is observation and interactive participation on a once a month basis.
The series is structured so that participants of Weatherford Leadership can access information and learn to be better leaders in a format that encourages lifelong business relationships.
Benefits to the Individual
- Leadership Skills
- Enhanced confidence
- Group experiences
- New friendships
- Local networking
- Community awareness
Benefits to the Employer
- Well-trained employee with leadership skills
- Motivated employee with confidence
- Employee aware of state and local facilities and resources
Benefits to the Community
- New emerging leaders
- Leaders with tools to take leadership positions in business
- New leaders who volunteer and serve in the community
Leadership Weatherford is held the third Friday of every month from September to May beginning with an over-night retreat and a 4-6-hour class beginning at 8:00AM and a class trip to Austin for Parker County Days.
- Attendance is required for all sessions
- You may only miss four hours total during the class. Any tardy or partial days will be included in this four-hour total. Orientation retreat is mandatory.
- Cell phones must be silenced during session times. Breaks will be allotted for checking messages.
- Prior to Education Day, you are required to attend a Weatherford ISD school board meeting.
- Serve as a volunteer for a chamber function during the year
- After graduation, you will volunteer to serve on a committee or board (Chamber, City or non-profit).
2020-2021 Leadership Application
Applications are due Friday, May 29th by 5:00 p.m.
Selected applicants will be notified by June 15th
Next class will begin the Fall of 2020. For information, contact the chamber office at 817-596-3801 or email@example.com.